This high protein and vegetable dish is highly nutritious.
Quinoa has many healing properties generally strengthening the whole body. Compared with all grains, quinoa has the highest protein content, it has more calcium than milk and is higher in fat content than any other grain. Quinoa is also a very good source of iron, phosphorous, B vitamins and Vitamin E.
This quinoa and vegetable dish is both satisfying and highly nutritious. Simple and easy to prepare. You can use any type of vegetable and prepare it at the beginning of the week. Ideal for lunch the next day or freeze in bags and use as desired.
- 4 tablespoons quinoa
- 1/2 leek
- 1/2 fresh beetroot
- 4 pieces of broccolini
- 1 shallot
- piece of ginger chopped finely
- 4 baby tomatoes
- handfull of sunflower seeds
- olive oil
- teaspoon turmeric
- meridian soya sauce
- 3 cardamom pods
- piece of chopped dillisk
- rinse quinoa well
- place in pot and cover with water (do not have is swimming in the water) dillisk & cardamom pods
- as water is absorbed keep topping it up
- roughly 8 or 10 mins later when all water is absorbed remove from heat,toss with a fork & leave aside with lid.
- chop all veg and add to heated pan with olive oil & chopped ginger
- then add a little water and cover with lid until it is lightly cooked.
- add in sunflower seeds, turmeric, black pepper & a dash of olive oil
- next add in quinoa and toss with wooden spoon & add a dash of the meridian soya sauce
- option to add parmesan cheeses on top.